When you are a victim of someone else’s negligence, financial hardships can literally add insult to injury. Not only do you have to endure pain and suffering, but ongoing medical treatments, time off from work and lost wages all add up to a huge financial headache that threatens to get worse.
In most negligence cases, your fight is with the defendant’s insurance company, not with an individual. Insurers use their own powerful lawyers to negotiate negligence litigation. One of their favorite tactics is to take advantage of the victim’s financial circumstances, pressuring you to accept a lowball offer. A pre-settlement loan can provide an effective solution that takes the pressure off while you recover from your injuries and wait for your case to settle.
What is a Lawsuit Cash Advance?
A lawsuit cash advance is not a loan in the traditional sense. It is money advanced to you upfront, pending the settlement of your personal injury case. To qualify, you must have an attorney representing your case who is willing to cooperate with the legal lending company by providing case details. If the lender agrees that you have a good chance of winning your case and receiving a settlement, they will advance your lawsuit loan in as little as 24 hours.
Legal settlement funding is a growing industry, with many new lenders cropping up each year. While all legal lenders operate on fundamentally the same premise — cash advanced against a prospective settlement — transaction terms vary, with some firms charging high interest and fees, often hidden in the fine print of your agreement. It is important to carefully scrutinize the details of your agreement, so you have a clear idea of how much the loan will cost in the long run.
Benefits of a Pre-Settlement Loan
If your injuries have you strapped for cash, there are many benefits to taking a pre-settlement loan versus other options that can drain your savings and strain your relationships.
Here are the top five benefits of pending lawsuit loans:
- Spare Your Resources: When faced with unexpected expenses from an accident, many people are forced to borrow money from family members or tap into their retirement savings. Others turn to their bank for a personal loan to help make ends meet. A lawsuit cash advance loan provides an alternative, sparing you the embarrassment of asking family members for money, and reserving your savings for later in life. It won’t affect your credit score like a bank loan, or increase your monthly obligations.
- Stress-Free Application Process: Unlike a traditional bank loan, a lawsuit loan requires no credit check or proof of employment. Since the loan is made based on your pending settlement, your income and credit score do not factor into the lender’s decision, and you won’t be left sitting on pins and needles to find out if you qualify. Your application will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and you will receive your funds within a day or two.
- Easy Repayment Terms: A pre-settlement loan does not require a down payment, co-signer or collateral. Best of all, there are no monthly payments. Your loan is repaid entirely from your final settlement amount, no matter how long it takes your lawyer to settle. Once your final award is determined and released, your lawsuit loan is repaid from the settlement before the remaining funds are forwarded to you.
- Risk-Free Borrowing: If you take out a bank loan or borrow money from your family, you run the risk of losing your case and being unable to repay your obligations. With pre-settlement lawsuit funding, the lender assumes all the risk. If for some reason you lose your case and you do not receive a settlement, you walk away scot-free, no strings attached.
- Quick Cash-in-Hand Turnaround: Lawsuit lenders know that negligence victims often suffer financial hardship. By the time our clients contact us, they are often in desperate straits, having depleted all their available resources. As soon as we receive your application, we get right to work. We contact your attorney, get your case details, assess our risks and review your requested loan amount. Once your application is approved, we release the funds ASAP, often within 24 hours.
Lawsuit Loans New York
If you need money now while you wait for your personal injury case to settle, Cronus Capital Group is here for you. Visit any of our convenient NYC locations, or fill out our simple online application. Our friendly staff will process your application and answer all your questions. If you qualify for a pre-settlement cash advance, you could have your funds in as little as 24 hours. Our fair and transparent terms make Cronus a leading lender for pre-settlement lawsuit loans in New York.