Some accidents just happen, but when they are caused by someone’s else’s negligence, it becomes personal. Personal injury lawsuits are designed to help individuals who become victims of an event or accident that could have and should have been prevented. By holding the negligent party accountable for your injuries, pain and suffering, you are sending a message to the world that careless conduct has serious consequences
Personal Injury Lawsuits and Negligence
To win a personal injury claim, you will need to prove that your injuries resulted from another party’s negligence. There are four fundamental elements of negligence that must be proven to support your case.
- Duty: the party or parties involved were obligated to provide a certain level of care to protect the victim from harm.
- Breach of Duty: The defendant either failed to do what they should have to protect the victim, or they did something they should not have done that endangered the victim.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty was the direct cause of the damages or injuries.
- Damages: The defendant’s negligence resulted in damages or injury.
Being injured or suffering property damage or loss are not enough to win your case if you cannot prove negligence on the part of the defendant. In some cases, both the defendant and the victim were at fault. In others, the victim is deemed responsible for their own injuries
Types of Personal injury Cases
There is a broad spectrum of incidents that result in personal injury. Some of the most common cases include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Bicycle and motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice cases
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective product cases
- Construction site accidents
- Dog bites
Not all accidents cause injury or damages, and not all personal injury cases hold up in court and result in a settlement
How to Win Your Personal Injury Settlement
- Hire an Attorney: Without a good personal injury lawyer to represent you, there is little chance you will end up with a large enough settlement to cover your medical bills, repair damaged property and make up for your pain and suffering. In most cases, negotiations will take place with the defendant’s insurance company. Large insurance companies have their own team of experienced lawyers who regularly deal with negligence lawsuits. You need an equally experienced lawyer on your side who will not be afraid to stand up to the insurance company and go after a large settlement.
- Gather Evidence: The more evidence you have that points to the defendant’s negligence, the better. Ask for witness reports from onlookers, along with contact information. Take photos with your cell phone at the scene of the accident. Collect any and all documentation available, including medical transport and treatment receipts, police reports, medical bills, damage repair estimates and bills, evidence of lost wages or job loss, and any other documentation that could be even remotely helpful in supporting your case. Neatly organize your documents and forward copies to your lawyer.
- Zero in on Pain and Suffering: In addition to physical injuries, a traumatic accident can cause emotional and mental pain and suffering. A serious accident disrupts the lives of your entire family, causing undue stress and hardship. Even after your injuries heal, they can impair your movement or even leave you completely disabled. Many injuries require years of medical treatment and rehabilitation. Don’t sell yourself short by not thinking about what lies ahead.
- Don’t Cave In to Pressure: Insurance companies will do everything they can to save money. They may try to exploit your difficult circumstances by offering you a low settlement amount when you desperately need money. They may even try to draw out the litigation process for months on end, to pressure you to give up. A settlement loan offers a short-term solution by giving you a cash advance against your pending settlement award, to relieve financial stress while you hold out for your lawyer to get you the largest possible settlement.
Personal Injury Loans in NYC
If you are injured and need money, Cronus Capital Group is here to help. We provide personal injury victims with pre-settlement funding, to tide you over while your lawyer fights for a large settlement.
Why choose Cronus?
- Easy application process
- Quick application review
- No credit or employment check
- Fair and transparent terms
- No co-signer or collateral
- Cash advance in as little as 24 hours
- Won’t hurt your credit score
- Risk-free policy: If you lose your case, you owe us nothing!
- No monthly payments
Stop worrying about money, and focus on getting your life back on track. Contact Cronus Capital today and talk to one of our friendly associates. We will answer all your questions and walk you through the application process. Get money now, so you can hold out for the largest possible settlement for your personal injury claim.