Most people do not want to place their sick or aging loved one in a nursing home, and most of us hope that fate never befalls us. But caring for a sick or disabled family member can become overwhelming, and sometimes a nursing home is the best case scenario for all involved parties. You have every right to expect the nursing facility to provide your loved one with the highest level of care, but sometimes patients are neglected or abused, leading to injury or even death.
If you have filed a legitimate lawsuit against a nursing home for physical or emotional injury caused by abuse or neglect, you can expect to be awarded compensation, either through a court order or through a negotiated settlement. Either way, litigation and negotiation can sometimes take months or even years. If you need financial help today to cover medical bills, funeral expenses or other financial needs, a medical loan from Cronus Capital Group could provide a low stress solution.
Valuation of Nursing Home Injury Cases
Before agreeing to represent you and filing a claim, your lawyer will conduct detailed research to estimate the value of your case, to get an idea of the amount of compensation to ask for. It is imperative that you to provide as much evidence and documentation as possible to support your case. Nursing home bills and records; copies of your contractual agreements; any available medical records, before and after the incident; witness reports, and other information will help your legal team calculate a realistic value for your case.
Factors that affect case values include:
- Economic damages, including medical bills, fees, stolen money or property and other expenses that can be calculated in monetary terms.
Non-economic damages, including physical and emotional injury, suffering and abuse. A personal injury attorney with experience in nursing home abuse cases is your best bet for getting equitable compensation.
- Punitive damages may be assigned by the court to punish the offending party and discourage future offenses.
- Strength of your legal argument and evidence to back it up.
- Compensation awarded in past similar cases.
- How much the plaintiff and its insurance company can realistically pay.
There is sometimes a disparity between the estimated case value and the actual amount awarded. The more experienced your lawyer is in working with nursing home cases, the more accurate their estimate is likely to be.
Benefits of Pre-Settlement Lawsuit Funding
People apply for pre-settlement lawsuit funding for any number of reasons. Once your application is approved and we forward your cash advance, you may spend the money in whatever way you like — no one will ask you to account for how you spent your medical loan.
Some advantages of legal funding over other types of loans are:
- Zero monthly payments — your loan will be deducted and repaid in full from your settlement award.
- Zero application fees.
- Application is quick and straightforward.
- Speedy delivery of funds, often within 24 hours of approval.
- You do not have to repay the money if you lose your case.
In some instances, receiving your settlement award can take time even after all the paperwork has been completed and the award amount has been set. In such cases, post-settlement funding can help come to your rescue with a cash advance until your settlement award is released.
How to Qualify for Legal Funding
A pre-settlement cash advance is meant to help you avoid financial hardship while your case is being negotiated. But not everyone qualifies for this service. You must meet certain criteria before your case will be considered for legal funding.
Qualifications for pre-settlement funding include:
- Claim: You must have filed a valid personal injury lawsuit claiming damages for injury, abuse or wrongful death.
- Legal representation: You must have a licensed attorney handling your case. If you are negotiating your own settlement, you will not be considered for a medical loan.
- Solid documentation and evidence: Cronus Capital Group will contact your lawyer to gather details about the strength of your case and its estimated value.
- Application approval: Our qualified staff will carefully review your case and application, to determine the amount of money you are eligible to borrow.
It is recommended that you borrow the smallest amount that you absolutely need. Borrowing large sums of money against your settlement can leave you with little left over, once the loan is repaid and your lawyer’s fees are covered.
Pre-Settlement Lawsuit Funding NYC
Whether you live in Brooklyn, Queens or Manhattan, Cronus Capital Group is nearby to serve you with pre-settlement legal funding. Phone us to schedule an appointment, or fill out our easy application online. Our friendly staff will be happy to answer all your questions and walk you through the application process.
At Cronus, we believe in fair and transparent business practices. We make sure you understand every detail of your agreement with us. Our purpose is to help people who have been hurt and injured to meet their expenses while they wait for a fair settlement.